The world’s blogosphere has experienced a massive growth as it is believed that they are more than 152 million blogs in the internet.
Not only that. It is believed that blogs are created every minute.
Todays Post is coming from another Guest Author and a good friend Anyaogwu Ikechukwu, he is a business expert.
Any new blogger who wants to leverage blogging should be willing to learn these 11 things I will share in this article.
#1. How to invest
Table of Contents
- 1 #1. How to invest
- 2 #2. Keyword research
- 3 #3. How to Write Good post titles
- 4 #4. How to write good content
- 5 #5. How to avoid Plagiarism
- 6 #6. Social media
- 7 #7. Email marketing – Get subscribers
- 8 #8. SEO
- 9 #9. How to get traffic
- 10 #10. How to be patient
- 11 #11. How to make money from that blog
Investment is very important. Not just in blogging, but to every business you want to venture into.
As a new blogger, you have to learn how to invest into your blog.
I know many new bloggers will not like to hear the word “invest” because it mostly involves money.
Why is it that many blogs fail? This is as a result of lack of investment.
Blogging is a business and every business need to be invested on.
Erase the mindset that “investment is risky”. Pat Flynn, Derek halpern and other internet marketers have passed through risk and still thrived.
Even if you don’t have the money to invest in your blog, you can save up some or get people to sponsor your blog.
How do you invest?
- Buy your domain name
- Buy a web host
- Get a premium theme
You can also invest in SEO. Go to freelancing companies like fiverr, Upwork etc and get SEO experts to optimize your blog and do some link building for you.
#2. Keyword research
What are people searching for?
If you want to provide quality contents that search engines and social media love, you have to use keywords that people are searching for.
People need answers to their questions and your blog posts should be able to answer those questions.
How do you do keyword research?
- Use Google suggest: Type a keyword but don’t hit enter. Google will suggest keywords for you.
- Use Google related searches which appears at the end of the result page
- Head over to SEMrush and put the website of your competitors. You will get the keywords they are ranking for. Write articles with those keywords.
- Moz keyword explorer can also help you to analyze and get keyword Ideas.
- You can also use UbberSuggest or Google Trends to know what’s trending
#3. How to Write Good post titles
Not just any type of headlines, but headlines that will convince your visitors to read the content.
How you write your headlines can either make your visitors read your post or skip it.
How do you do this?
- Use Portent.com to get good headlines
- Make sure you include keywords in your headlines.
#4. How to write good content
Blogging is 90% content marketing.
If you want to start getting people to visit your blog, you must be ready to provide quality contents that people are looking for.
Checkout: 5 Unknown Ways To Get New Post Ideas Even When You Suck At Writing
Writing quality contents is not really easy but it can be learnt. Articles you see on SERP is what Google believes is the best content for their readers.
If you want to rank in search engines, quality content is a major key.
#5. How to avoid Plagiarism
You must do your best to avoid plagiarism if you want to grow a successful blog.
Do not copy from any website or else you cause more problems for your blog.
Even if you are a news blogger and cannot fetch news, you must learn how to re-write articles by yourself.
#6. Social media
- Facebook: Has more than 2Billion users
- Twitter: Has more than 500 million users
- Instagram: Has more than 600 million users.
With the stats above, you will agree with me that leveraging the power of social media is one of the best marketing strategy to grow your blog.
You should have social media profiles for your blog.
- Create a Facebook fan page and use ad campaign to grow the page faster.
- Create Twitter page and follow top bloggers.
- Use Apps like Buffer, Hootsuite or Social Champ to schedule your posts to all your social media platforms.
But, don’t post too much links on timelines. Sometimes, write status updates without links.
#7. Email marketing – Get subscribers
As a new blogger, this is very important.
Email marketing has grown so wide that most internet marketers and bloggers cannot do without it. Almost everything you do in the internet requires an email address
- To sign up for Facebook requires email
- To buy products on Amazon requires an email address
- To attend webinars requires your email address
Why not leverage Email marketing?
Why you should embrace email marketing
Many successful bloggers like Darren Rowse and Pat Flynn has grown their blog through email marketing.
Do you know the most interesting part of it?
- It’s a means of growing your traffic.
- You can make money as well.
Imagine when you have more than 5000 subscribers and start sending mails that have your affiliate links. You will definitely make more money.
How do I get started?
It’s very simple.
There are many Email Marketing companies.
- You can start with Mailchimp which gives you the opportunity to use their platform for free until you reach 2k subscribers.
- Mailmunch and Mailerlite can also allow you to start email marketing for free.
- Convertkit, Aweber and Getresponse are the best. But you have to pay before you start using it.
SEO simply means search engine optimization.
If you want your blog to get exposed to search engines, you must know about SEO.
It doesn’t matters whether you are just starting out. You can make your post rank in Google in you are willing to apply SEO strategies that works which includes
#9. How to get traffic
This is where you really need to work.
It’s not going to be easy for a new blogger. It will definitely take some time.
I know you’ve heard about Content is King and maybe you’ve been putting out more contents but no pageviews.
I no longer believe in the contents is king dogma. Traffic is the most important thing in online business (although traffic depend on content)
To get traffic:
- You need great content
- Your content must be optimized with keywords.
- You have to index your blog in Google, Bing and Yandex webmasters tools for traffic to come from search engines.
- Build more links to your blog through forums, Question and answer site and also guest posting.
I will tell you the truth. I will take you time to start getting much traffic good enough to make money.
#10. How to be patient
Patience is an important virtue every new blogger should learn.
Success in any business will definitely take much time.
The most important part is
“Don’t start a blog with the money mindset”
I know many bloggers will criticize me for saying that but it must be exposed.
Blogging is not a “get rich quick scheme” that you venture into and expect to make money in your first one week.
I won’t tell you how long it will take you to make your first money blogging. Only your hardwork can tell that.
#11. How to make money from that blog
After you applied all this tips I shared here, making money will not be a though thing for you.
You can start making money through
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Information marketing
- Coaching etc
There are other ways you can make money online, but you should start with these ones.
In will not forget to talk about continuing education. You can’t know it all in blogging.
There are many online course, seminars and webinars you need to attend that can help you improve in your blogging career.
About The Author
Follow him on Twitter @passionpreneurz